Thursday 15 August 2013

Autumn Styling- Layering Edition



I decided to create three layered looks whilst directing the outfits to three different styles- Preppy/Chic, Biker girl and soft grunge. Autumn can be a very unpredictable season whilst referring to weather, therefore I intended to create three versatile looks that can be styled according to a numerous amount of occasions and temperatures. 

P R E P P Y  C H I C

I'm a sucker for lace and decided to start with this vintage looking camisole I purchased in the H&M sale. This is a great undergarment and is best suited under oversized tops.
Next I opted for this studded, sheer shirt. The hype for studded collars finished months ago but I personally feel they are timeless and add a hint of punk to jazz up any outfit.   











I finally add a classic Zara trench coat to the look, bringing the preppy style to life. Optional- Add a rustic leather   satchel and knee hight socks to the look for the ultimate preppy combination.



Lace Camisole            - H&M
Shirt with studded collar- Urban Outfitters
Cat print dress          - H&M
Trench Coat              - Zara
Clogs                    - Peacocks


Tip: If you are petite like myself always look in the children's section in retail stores such as Zara. I got this trench coat in the sale for £19.99. I personally am a size 6 and a childrens 11-12 fits exactly the same.





B I K E R  G I R L
           
 Firstly, I started with this turtle neck crop top. This item truly embodies the rock/biker theme as it is extremely bold and graphic.


Why not add a floral print? I chose this dungaree dress from Asos which really adds a sense of femininity to the look. 



Now for one of my favourite pieces, my sleeveless biker jacket! It's extremely versatile as it can be layered over long sleeve tops and jumpers in a colder season. In this case, it's perfect for autumn as sometimes, in warmer temperatures, we don't need to cover our arms.


What's a biker look without a studded necklace?





Ultimately, I add my favourite pair of black flatforms. As with the sleeveless biker jacket, both these items are timeless and classic and can be worn with layers underneath. In the winter season I pair my flatforms with different statement socks which adds a more quirky vibe to the look.














Turtle neck crop top     - Primark
Floral Dungaree Dress    - Asos Sale
Biker jacket (Sleeveless)- Republic
Spike necklace           - Primark
Flatforms                - H&M



S O F T  G R U N G E



Starting off, I begin with a zebra print playsuit from Topshop. In colder months, layering is a possibility and you can do so by adding a long sleeved top underneath and chunky tights.


 For the soft grunge effect, I added this authentic sleeveless denim jacket. I cut off the sleeves as I prefer the versatility of sleeveless jackets. 

 Next I opted for a gold choker to add a pop of chic! I love the effect when unexpected styles are combined although ultimately the soft grunge comes through most.


 I chose to add a pair of casual shoes as I felt the need to dress down the playsuit in the possibility of a casual event. Optionally, you could add a pair of wedges for a more formal attire and remove the sleeveless jacket. The shoes are a knock of from the Dr Martens Saxon 8053 shoe and cost less than a fraction of the price.



Print Playsuit           - Topshop
Denim jacket             - Topman
Choker                   - H&M
Doc Marten dupes         - Primark




None of these looks represent the stereotypical autumnal attire and do not follow the neutral colour code. I concentrated more on the versatility of the clothing as the weather in this season can be extremely unreliable.



7 comments:

  1. Cute outfits!! I can't wait till the cold comes for me. I miss layering haha
    ♥Stacey Nguyen

    www.trendyoutings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. vrey nice matching
    would like to invite you to join my giveaway :)

    http://rainxdropz.blogspot.sg/2013/08/1st-international-giveaway_8000.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog so i nominated you for the Liebster award, details are on my page :-)xx

    DayDreamingEllie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit idea. Great layering.
    xx
    www.jessicaroseturner.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hun, great styling, you went into detail too. I'm petite as well so its nice to know what other petite women are wearing, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfits, the biker jacket is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete